Buildings insurance quotes from £66 - Admiral.com

Buildings insurance covers the structure and fittings of your home as well as everything permanently fixed down such as the walls, roof, ceilings, fitted kitchens, bathroom suites, windows, doors and built-in cupboards and wardrobes. Garages and outbuildings are also covered. Your personal belongings would be covered by contents insurance.

What is my home covered against?

Admiral Buildings Insurance will cover your house against natural or manmade disasters, including:

  • Fires
  • Water leaks
  • Vandalism
  • Malicious damage
  • Lightning strikes
  • Earthquakes
  • Floods
  • Subsidence

Calculating the rebuild cost of your home

It's no surprise that having to rebuild all, or part of your home, after an incident can be costly, which is why it's best to be prepared for any surprises by taking out buildings insurance.

When arranging this cover it's important the sum insured is the full rebuild cost of your property and not to over or under estimate the value of your home.

Over-estimating could result in you paying higher premiums over the year, while under-estimating could leave you out of pocket if you need to make a claim at a later date.

To ensure you have the right figure for the rebuild costs consider the costs of:

  • Materials
  • Labour
  • Architects

Before you start your sums, take a look at our handy guide on working out the costs of a rebuild. And, the Association of British Insurers has a free calculator you can use.

What to expect from Admiral

If your keys are lost or stolen we'll replace them no matter what level of cover you choose.

We will also provide alternative accommodation if your property or contents have suffered damage and your home is unsafe to stay in.

And, if you need emergency access, Admiral will pay out if the emergency services have to damage your building in order to gain entry to your home, up to the amount shown on your policy schedule.

Category: Auto Insurance

Similar articles: