Third Party Car Insurance Quotes | Property and Fire & Theft Cover

Get More with Budget Direct

A lifetime guarantee on authorised repairs for as long as you own the car.

A 21-day money back guarantee if you change your mind and haven't made a claim.

Full 24/7 Claims Service - Your choice of phone or online.

Budget Direct third party car insurance covers you for the accidental damage your vehicle causes to someone else’s property, including their car or home.

On acceptance of your claim, all you’ll need to pay is the excess; we’ll take care of the remainder of the damage bill.

We have two types of third party car insurance for you to choose from:

  • Third Party Property, or
  • Third Party, Fire and Theft – gives you the same protection as Third Party Property plus fire and theft cover for your car, up to a market value of $20,000.

Please note: These products are different to compulsory third party insurance.

Benefit Third Party Property Third Party Fire and Theft
Accidental damage your vehicle causes to other people’s property (legal liability cover) Up to $20 million Up to $20 million
Approved legal costs Yes Yes
Damage to your vehicle caused by an uninsured driver* Up to $3,000 Up to $3,000
Loss or damage to the car caused by fire or theft No Yes
Hire-car costs following theft of your vehicle No Up to $1,000
(limit 14 days)
Reasonable cost of recovery, towing and storage. No Yes

The information on this page is a summary only. For more details about Budget Direct’s third party car insurance, including the terms, conditions, limits and exclusions that apply, please read the product disclosure statement.

Because we don’t insure unsafe drivers – like Captain Risky – we can keep our premiums low for safer drivers like you.

Get a third party car insurance quote online or call us on 1800 700 027.

Get a Quote

By restricting your policy to drivers of a certain age or older (21+, 25+, 30+ or 40+), you can get an even lower premium. (Your car would not be covered while it was being driven by someone under the restricted age.)

Security device

If your car is fitted with an approved security device, you may earn a discount on your Third Party, Fire and Theft insurance premium.

If you’ve been involved in an accident or if your car is stolen or burnt and you need to make a claim, we’re here to help get you or the third party back on the road as quickly and smoothly as possible.

Make a claim on your third party car insurance policy

Third party car insurance covers the cost of damage you cause to someone else’s property, while CTP insurance covers your legal liability for injuring or killing someone else in a motor accident. (Did you know that, if you live in New South Wales, you can get your CTP, or greenslip, insurance through Budget Direct?)

What would be the point in having third party car insurance, which does not cover damage due to collision?

If your car has a low market value, you may decide it’s not worth paying a higher premium for comprehensive car insurance cover as it could outweigh the cost of replacing the vehicle if it was damaged in an accident.

Would Third Party Fire and Theft cover me if someone damaged my car while unsuccessfully trying to steal it or I had personal items stolen from my car?

No – for that level of protection, you would need to get comprehensive car insurance.

Do you offer a lifetime guarantee on car repairs?

Yes – the lifetime guarantee applies to authorised repairs, including spare parts and workmanship, for as long as you own the car.

See all car insurance FAQs

Third party property damage, fire and theft does not cover you for accidental loss of or damage to your own car as a result of a crash, hail, storm, flood, attempted theft or vandalism.

For that level of cover, you would need to take out comprehensive car insurance.

Compare policy benefits.

* If the car is involved in a no fault accident with an uninsured vehicle we will cover your damage up to $3,000 or the market value of the car (whichever is the lesser), but only if you report the accident to the police and provide evidence the other vehicle is uninsured.

Category: Auto Insurance

Similar articles: